The Elusive Promise of Indigenous Development: The European Union and Turkish Accession: God's Heart Has No Borders: Human Rights, Southern Voices: Multiculturalism in the New Japan: Muslims in Global Politics: The Price of Freedom Denied: Understanding Equal Opportunities and Diversity: Public recognition of religion has been a part of American political life from the beginning of our country, and that is not going to change.
But in recent years, the effort by some to challenge the long held separation of church and state by imposing religion in the public sphere has caused more harm than good. Along the lines of other incredulous "neo-Enlightenment" books, Bleached Faith makes a forceful case that the gravest threat to real faith comes from those who would water down religion in order to win the dubious honor of forcing it into public buildings and classrooms.
- Review of Bleached Faith Outlines Church & State Debate - Stanford University Press Blog.
- "Bleached Faith: The Tragic Cost When Religion is Forced Into the Publi" by Steven Goldberg.
- Keeping Up With The War God?
- Bleached Faith: The Tragic Cost When Religion Is Forced into the Public Square!
- Steven Goldberg.
- Gruppentrance: Skriptsammlung für die Gruppenarbeit im Bereich Fitness & Wellness (German Edition).
- Bleached Faith: The Tragic Cost When Religion Is Forced into the Public Square by Steven Goldberg.
The freedom of religion we enjoy in the United States, both as a matter of law and practice, is extraordinary by any measure. However, when American courts allow the government to insert religious symbolism in public spaces, real religion is the loser. Goldberg argues that people on both sides of this debate should resist this corruption of religion.
The book provides a survey of the legal and political environment in which battles over the public display of the Ten Commandments, the teaching of intelligent design in our schools, and the celebration of religious holidays take place. Goldberg firmly maintains that, "if American religion becomes a watered-down broth that is indistinguishable from consumerism and science, we will have no one to blame but ourselves.
Related Bleached Faith: The Tragic Cost When Religion Is Forced into the Public Square (Stanford Law Books)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved